- Be 18 years of age or over.
- Be able to work effectively within a team environment.
- Deal with the public in a polite and helpful way.
- Act and behave with maturity, honesty and reliability.
- Be (and remain) of good health and state and able to work on your feet carrying out basic manual tasks for much of the day. In particular, being intoxicated means you will be unable to carry out your activities.
- Maintain good standards in all of your activities.
- Inform us immediately if you become ill or injured.
- Shift patterns differ from role to role. Actual individual volunteer requirements will be assigned to you, and this is what you must complete.
- Carry out your assigned activities.
- Arrive at Scampton Airshow during the time window stated and follow directions given to access the site correctly.
- Check-in at Event Reception upon your arrival. If you are due to arrive outside of the advertised opening times then you must let us know in advance.
- Carry photographic id with you at all times.
- Only attempt to access areas that you have the correct security passes for.
- Wear closed toe shoes whilst carrying out your activities as a volunteer, i.e. no sandals, flip flops, bare feet, etc.
- Wear sensible and appropriate clothing for your shift, i.e. no fancy dress etc.
If required, we can provide you with basic accommodation for the duration of your volunteering activities.
You may be accommodated:
- In rooms in accommodation blocks on a shared basis.
- With volunteers from other teams.
- In accommodation blocks with communal bathrooms.
You will be provided with three meals a day for the duration of your volunteer activities.
We do cater for different dietary requirements.
What to bring
- Suitable attire for all weather conditions: waterproofs, sturdy footwear, hat, sun block, etc.
- Photo ID.
- Driving licence if your role involves driving a vehicle.
- Sufficient money.
- Sleeping bag, pillow(s) and/or bedding (if staying in accommodation blocks or staff campsite). E.g. sheets and blankets
What not to bring
- Any items of significant value.
- Illegal substances.
Getting to and from Scampton Airshow
We are pleased to be able to offer you access to a Car Sharing Service - GoCarShare, to help you all find transport to the Scampton Airshow this year.
GoCarShare link drivers with passengers meaning everyone can get where they need to go whilst sharing time and cost whilst doing your bit for the environment.
It's all linked with Facebook so you can find your friends and/or like-minded people to travel with.
We have a page exclusively for volunteers, please visit Volunteers Car Sharing to log your journey and find a match. Please note this is a service provided through GoCarShare, not by us, and you should read and understand GoCarShare's terms relating to the service as they will be binding upon you.
Travelling by train
Using public transport is a great way to get to and from the Scampton Airshow whilst doing your bit for the environment too. Here are some useful links to transport providers:
Travelling by car
Whilst we do encourage our volunteers to either use public transport or car share we are aware that this is not always possible. A staff car park is available to all volunteers, and there is plenty off free parking at the University Accommodation..